I had this listing for a while, listed on all the major websites and also with other agencies as part of our Multi-Listing arrangement. The property is situated in a very good area so the viewings were quite regular. Every time we had a Sunday Show Day it was quite busy with some real interest, but no offers.
The owner of the property had already bought another property and it was now up to me to get this one sold so that his transaction could also continue ….. no pressure, I was given until the end of September ’15 …..
At the end of August I went to the Owner / Seller with the following pitch. “Let’s withdraw all the listings and re-list on a sole mandate basis (as the commission was not favorable for sharing), show every weekend, renew all marketing and see what happens”. Part of the deal was that we also reduced the price and re-looked at the commission structure. This is not ideal but both myself and the owner agreed to make a bit less to get the deal done.
The process that followed was quite amazing to say the least:
- 2 September ’15 ….. We re-listed on all the sites etc
- 3 September ’15 ….. Got a buyer enquiry from Private Property
- 4 September ’15 ….. Took prospective buyer through and he loved the property but couldn’t make a final decision
- 6 September ’15 ….. We had a Sunday Show day and invited him to come and have another look. The show day was busy as usual. He also came through and I could see he was close to making the call.
- 8 September ’15 ….. With a bit of negotiation we took an offer and got it accepted the next day. By this time we had already informed the bond originator (Payneless Bonds) who made contact with the Purchaser and requested all the necessary documentation.
- 10 September ’15 …. The Purchaser had all his documents ready and his application was submitted to all the banks
- 11 September ’15 …. After only 1 day the banks started coming back with AIP’s (Approval In Principal – subject to Property Valuation)
- Monday 14 September ’15 …. we had our first bank valuation done and got our first bond grant
- 15 September ’15 ….. We got confirmation that the deposit was paid. We also received more bond grants and there you have it …… the property is now SOLD.
13 Days from re-listing to SOLD with deposit and bond grant in place. This is why I love this profession (not job). The mere fact that this can happen with the right assistance, dedication, negotiation and a bit of luck.
I can only applaud Sanette and her team at Payneless Bonds who really jumped at this one and assisted in the fastest time possible. I can really recommend their services …. just go to http://www.paynelessbonds.co.za
If you looking to sell property anywhere on the West Rand, Krugersdorp or Roodepoort …. please contact me and I will try to assist ….. I love selling property! http://www.realpro4u.co.za